By Adam Ellis
Fleetwood Town midfielder Bobby Grant has been rewarded for his fine form this season by signing a two-year contract extension to stay with the Cod Army until 2019.
Uwe Rosler’s side are well set to at least be guaranteed of a place in the League One play-offs with eight games remaining in the season, with the 26-year-old hailing a positive dressing room environment in committing to the club.
“I’m very happy to be part of what we are creating here,” Grant said.
“The dressing room this year has been fantastic. The lads we’ve brought in and the lads who were still here – we have a close dressing room and you can probably see that on the pitch.”
“I spoke to the manager recently and to Gretar (Gretar Steinsson, the club’s technical director) on Monday and I’ve been speaking to the chairman. For me it got sorted in the last couple of days and hopefully we managed to get everything sorted.
The former Shrewsbury and Blackpool winger has contributed more goals from midfield than any other Fleetwood player this season with seven goals, also featuring in every league game so far this campaign.
Grant not only reserved praise for the impact Rosler has had in reversing Fleetwood’s prospects, but also the club’s chairman Andy Pilley.
“As a club, we’re moving forward and fingers crossed we can achieve something as a team,” said Grant.
“He actually tried to sign me a couple of times before I actually came to Fleetwood!
“He’s a fantastic chairman who has rewarded me for what I’ve done for him and with what he’s done for the club speaks for itself.
“I think for me to sign a contract shows that I’m willing to commit myself to Fleetwood and it gives other people rewards as well.
“I’ve signed a contract now and I’m really looking forward to the future,” Grant declared.